The Things We Most Assuredly Believe
WE BELIEVE: That the Bible is the authoritative, inerrant and infallible revelation from God to man.
- Romans 15:4 “For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.”
- II Timothy 3:16 “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:”
- II Peter 1:21 “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”
WE BELIEVE: That all humans are born with a sinful nature and that God’s remedy for the ruin of the human race is entirely of grace through one’s personal acceptance of the finished work of Jesus Christ.
- Ephesians 2:8 & 9 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.“
- Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;“
WE BELIEVE: That Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and died a vicarious death on the cross for our sins. He was then physically resurrected as proof of the completeness of His work, providing salvation for all.
- Matthew 1:23 “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.“
- Hebrews 4:15 “For we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.“
- Hebrews 9:28 “So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
- Matthew 28:6 “He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.“
- Hebrews 7:25 “Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.“
WE BELIEVE: In the security of the believer. That Faith in Christ alone saves and gives eternal life and that believer is called to a life of Holy living.
- John 10:27-30 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one.“
- I Peter 1:15-16 “But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.“
WE BELIEVE: That the Church is the Body of Christ in this world, that if lost humanity is to hear the Gospel that Jesus saves sinners, the Church must be the one to proclaim it. The ordinances of the Church are: Believer’s Baptism by immersion and The Lord’s Supper.
- I Corinthians 12:27 “Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.“
- Matthew 28:19 “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:“
- Acts 2:41 “Then they that gladly received his word were baptized*: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.” *Baptized: Greek baptizo to immerse, make whelmed (that is, fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:
- I Corinthians 10:16 “The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?”
WE BELIEVE: In the personal, premillennial, return of our Lord Jesus Christ prior to the establishment of His Kingdom. We who believe will be forever in the presence of God and those that have rejected Christ will be separated from God forever, being cast into Hell.
- John 14:3 “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.“
- I Thessalonians 1:10 “And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.“
- Matthew 25:46 “And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.“
- Revelation 20:15 “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.“
BECAUSE WE BELIEVE THESE THINGS: We will continue to obey Him, His Word and keep His Ordinances, teaching and preaching the truth that “Christ has come into the world to save sinners of which I am chief.” I Timothy 1:15